Do you prefer eBooks and audiobooks over physical copies? Then we have some good news for you!
Using the library account you already have with us at MDPL, you have access to hundreds of eBooks and audiobooks right from your device with Libby!
Your Libby account can be set up in just a few easy steps. All you need to get started is your MDPL library card and a device on which you can download apps. And even better, the basic functions are simple enough for nearly anyone to understand and use!
Setting Up Libby
1. Go to the app store on your device and search “Libby”, then download the app.
2. Once fully downloaded, tap on the icon on your device’s screen. It should load up a white screen with a few chat boxes, almost like texts, from Libby. First, you are asked if you have a library card, to which your answer should be “Yes”.
3. You will be given a few options after this, the easiest of them being “Search for A Library”. You can search “Mayville District Public Library” and it will pull our White Pine Library Cooperative. Select that, then "Sign In With My Card".
4. Then Libby will ask where you use your library card, to which your answer should be “Mayville District Public Library”. You will then be asked to enter your library card number, then your PIN, which is your account password. Ask a librarian if you don’t know your password.
5. After that, you are all signed in! It will show you a little preview of your account then you will tap on “Next” to begin searching for an E-book or an audiobook to check out!
Adding additional collections
1. In the Libby app, select the middle icon at the bottom of your screen.
2. Under the YOUR LIBRARIES list, click “Add Library”.
3. Search the following libraries one at a time.
- * Great Lakes Digital Libraries
- * Lakeland Digital Library
- * Midwest Collaborative for Library Services
- * Suburban Library Cooperative
- * Up North Michigan Consortium
- * Download Destination
- * Woodlands Library Cooperative
4. You will choose “Sign In With My Card” when prompted. You will log in with your home library card and PIN each time.
5. After you have added these libraries, you have access to their collections. You can browse by tapping on their names under the YOUR LIBRARIES list or when you search a title, you’ll be able to see what copies are available to you through these libraries.
There are four icons at the bottom of the screen.
You can search the library's collection with the magnifying glass on the far left or you can browse the collection with the library building icon beside it. The middle icon of Libby is where you can manage your account and settings. The book icon is your Shelf, where e-books and audiobooks you have borrowed will be. The clock icon is called the Timeline, and it shows your history.
Once you’ve found an e-book or an audiobook you’d like to borrow, it’s as easy as pressing the “Borrow” button! Once it’s processed, the title will appear on your Shelf, where you can access it at any time. Loans will automatically be returned after 14 days.
For details on the title you’ve borrowed, select the “Manage Loan” option beside the title on your shelf. With e-books, you have the option to use Kindle apps and devices. From this menu you can also return your loans early or renew them if there isn’t a waiting list.
Brought to you by
your local library and built
with by OverDrive.